Preventative care is vital to maintaining a healthy smile at any age. Along with regular checkups, here are a few simple tips to prevent decay:
- Along with brushing your teeth twice a day, you should use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Most people do not consume the amount of fluoride needed to maintain healthy teeth. By using a fluoride toothpaste to remove debris and plaque, you are not only fighting decay but also strengthening enamel.
- Flossing daily is essential to maintaining a healthy smile. Be sure to floss before you brush to loosen any debris that needs to be brushed away. Flossing removes plaque in areas that regular brushing cannot reach.
- Maintain a well balanced diet and limit your sugar intake. Dairy products, such as yogurt and cheese, and raw vegetables are great for your smile!
- Do not skip on regular checkups and hygiene appointments. You should have your teeth professionally cleaned every six months. While you are there, inquire about dental sealants that can protect your teeth from decay.
- Protect your smile while playing sports or any high impact activity with a custom mouthguard.
378 Savannah Ave | Statesboro, GA